Thursday, January 30 will be our 100th day of school, and we have many fun activities planned!
Before we get to our 100th day of school, your child will be bringing home their second quarter report card. At this time of the school year (mid-year), your child should be able to:
- Read at a level "E" (yellow basket books).
- Know at least 90% of the first 133 sight words that have been introduced.
- Have knowledge of 0-10 addition facts in one minute, and be working toward fluency.
- Know how to write a basic sentence, with a capital letter and an ending mark.
- Be able to identify a noun, adjective (describing word), and verb (action word) are in a sentence/ story.
- Know the concept of a character, setting (place), and plot (beginning, middle, and end) of a story.
- Be able to sort animals into their animal family, based on their characteristics.
- Know the difference between a fiction and non-fiction book.
- Be able to understand the beginning concepts of subtraction.
- Be able to identify numbers 0-100.
Please remember that you are welcome to check your child's progress on the parent side of our online gradebook, "PowerSchool". You child's username and password will be sent home again with their second quarter report card.
We have many fun activities coming up:
- January 22: Second quarter report cards go home.
- January 30: 100th day of school
- February 14: Valentine's Day (class list with names will be sent home)
- February 20: First grade music concert at 6:30 PM (it is part of their music class)